A Derby Theatre production as part of Derby CANDerby Theatre Productions , New Writing Saturday 9 October 2021 – Sunday 17 October 2021
A pitch-perfect tribute to Derby and the 1946 FA Cup win.
Football and performance go head-to-head to deliver a unique and impassioned live experience about Derby County Football Club, the fans and our city.
A rousing theatrical feast for any football fan or theatregoer, Extra Time is a pitch-perfect tribute to Derby, its people and its club, a must-see, uplifting show to bask in the glory and nostalgia of the 1946 FA Cup win, and to celebrate DCFC and our great city.
Created by the people of Derby for the people of Derby.
Reduced Capacity and Full Capacity
Both performances on Thursday 14 October will be on sale at reduced capacity, and will remain at reduced capacity. All other performances during the run will be on sale at full capacity.
Casting announced for Extra Time, a new production celebrating Derby County’s 1946 FA Cup win
Developed by Jamie Thrasivoulou in collaboration with fans and theatre makers from across the city
The cast includes:
– John Booker (who recently won the 2021 Take Off prize with In Good Company, Nottingham Playhouse and Arena Theatre with his new play BWOY DEM; Wonderland for Nottingham Playhouse and John is also a stand-up comedian);
– Jill Dowse (Gulp! for The Bone Ensemble, The Festival of Lost and Found for Talking Birds and Beauty and the Beast for Lamphouse Theatre);
– Anna-Kate Golding (feature film, The Colour Room opposite David Morrisey and other screen work includes the Sky Arts series Urban Myths: Handel and Hendrix);
– Danny Hendrix (Danny is a University of Derby graduate with credits including the National Theatre in their award-winning production, War Horse; Jack and the Beanstalk for Nottingham Playhouse and Gangsta Granny for Birmingham Stage Company);
– Sean McKenzie (highlights including The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time in the West End; the UK, Ireland and South Africa tour of the National Theatre’s multi award-winning War Horse; The Magistrate for the National Theatre, TWO for Derby Theatre; and for TV, Coronation Street, Emmerdale and Downton Abbey);
– Ines Sampaio (has worked in various capacities with companies including Nottingham Playhouse and Hubbub Theatre, and in co-production with Gecko, Nonsuch, Parrabbola, Circus Hub, StoneCrabs, Troupe Concerts, Front Door Theatre and Cherwell Theatre);
– Ivan Stott (One Man, Two Guvnors, The Jungle Book, Goldilocks, and the Three Bears, Little Red for Derby Theatre, composer for numerous Derby Theatre productions, including Extra Time)
– Jamie Thrasivoulou: as well as being the writer and poet for Extra Time, Jamie is also appearing in the show and is an award-winning writer, poet, lyricist and educator from city and Derby County Football Club’s Poet.
Extra Time trailer filming at Pride Park (Derby County Football Club) with Jamie Thrasivoulou and Simon Dymond
Jamie Thrasivoulou (Writer/Poet)
Sarah Brigham (Director)
Josh Parr (Assistant Director)
Emily Bestow (Designer)
Deborah McAndrew (Dramaturg)
Omar Khan (Film Maker)
Ele Munn (Lighting Designer)
Ivan Stott (Composer)
Holly Irving (Movement Director)
Aishwarya Deshpande (Assistant Movement Director)
Barret Hodgson (Digital Consultant)
Neil Irish (Design Mentor)
Anita Gilbert (Voice Coach)
About the Show
A rousing theatrical feast for any football fan or theatregoer, Extra Time is a pitch-perfect tribute to Derby, its people and its club, a must-see, uplifting show to bask in the glory and nostalgia of the 1946 FA Cup win, and to celebrate DCFC and our great city. Created by the people of Derby for the people of Derby.
Tickets are on sale now at ONLY £15 each.
The performances below will be accessible as follows:
Thursday 14 October, 2.30pm – Audio Described and Dementia-Friendly
Thursday 14 October, 7.30pm – BSL interpreted, Captioned and Relaxed
Saturday 16 October, 2.30pm – Captioned
Sunday 17 October, 2.30pm – BSL interpreted